iRobot® Braava jet™ 240
Whether it’s coffee spills, soda stains, sauce splatters, or scuff marks, the iRobot Braava Jet 240 uses Precision Jet Spray technology to strategically clean your floors. Armed with reusable water-activated cleaning pads, the Braava Jet can sweep a 250 square foot room and mop 200 square feet in one session.
With a choice of three different cleaning modes (wet mopping, damp sweeping, and dry sweeping), the Braava Jet adjusts the amount of water dispersed, the sweeping pattern, and its number of passes. The blue wet mopping pad vibrates and is ideal for removing tough stains on kitchen floors. Programmed to cover the entire kitchen floor in three passes, the Braava Jet mop is a tiny 7 x 7-inch robot that can maneuver seamlessly around obstacles.
Capable of cleaning around sinks and toilets, the Braava has built-in obstacle avoidance technology so you never have to worry about it getting stuck. If you want Braava Jet to clean only one room, simply open up the iRobot HOME app and create an invisible boundary with Virtual Wall® Mode to keep Braava jet™ in defined areas.
After loading either the blue (wet mopping), orange (damp sweeping), or white (dry sweeping) cleaning pads, the Jet 240 immediately recognizes the desired cleaning mode and gets to work. All you’ve got to do is press the “Clean” button on your robotic swiffer and let it work its magic. With full cleaning cycles taking approximately 14 minutes, the Braava jet can wet-mop two bathrooms in the same amount of time it takes to make breakfast.
From sweeping up dinner crumbs to battling some of the toughest soda stains, the Braava Jet will incrementally squirt the floor with water and then pass over dirty spots in a Zamboni-like fashion. In the Damp-Mopping mode, Braava can easily tackle bathroom stains, soap scum, and cat litter whether it’s behind the toilet or stuck around the sink.
Weighing only 2.7 lbs, the highly-portable Braava Jet comes with two wet mopping pads, two damp sweeping pads, two dry sweeping pads, a lithium-ion battery, and a plug-in charger. According to most reviews, the Braava Jet is perfect for incremental cleaning jobs. In other words, it’s great for day-to-day maintenance but may not tackle the aggressive post-New Year’s Eve party cleanup.
With disposable replacement pads costing close to $8 for a 10-pack, it may be worth it to purchase the reusable machine-washable pads (two for $20).
As for innovation, the Braava Jet Robot Mop is rather impressive. Here is a list of some of the top smart features:
- Cleans floors in an efficient, systematic pattern: Braava jet™ mops and sweeps small spaces, such as kitchens and bathrooms, with an efficient, systematic cleaning pattern.
- Smart design gets into tight spaces: With its square shape and compact size, Braava jet™ gets into hard-to-reach places, including under and around toilets, into corners, and below cabinets.
- Carefully cleans around obstacles: Braava jet™ remembers obstacles in its path and slows down to gently clean along furniture, walls, and fixtures.
- Avoids stairs and riding up on rugs: Cliff Detect keeps Braava jet™ from falling down stairs and other drop-offs. Braava jet™ avoids riding up on rugs.
- Knows its way back: Braava jet™ returns to its starting point after completing a cleaning run.
- Knows when to power down: Braava jet™ automatically shuts off after a cleaning run, or if it encounters a problem.
- Cleans floors in an efficient, systematic pattern
- Smart design gets into tight spaces
- Carefully cleans around obstacles
- Avoids stairs and riding up on rugs
- Knows its way back
- Knows when to power down
- Quiet operation
- Extremely portable
- iRobot HOME App
- Expensive replacement pads