What Is the Sense Energy Monitor?
The Sense Energy Monitor tracks energy usage, listing each appliance separately while collecting data on your home’s energy output throughout the day.
Throughout the day, the monitor will let you know if your appliances are using energy efficiently. It even gives you accolades on your home energy conservation habits with customizable messages like: “Nice, you use 30% less heat than similar homes.”
The monitor connects to the homeowner’s main breakers in their electric panel and records the performance of devices millions of times per second. The four-step installation process is as easy as positioning the Sense monitor in your electric panel, downloading the app, connecting to Wi-Fi, then letting the magic begin.
What’s Your Home Telling You?
Born from the simple idea that people should have a pulse on what is happening in their own homes, the Sense home energy monitor is the newest innovation in energy efficiency.
With simplicity in mind, Sense Labs created an energy monitor that listens to every electrical device in your home. This includes your garage door, dryer, TV, microwave, ceiling fan, fridge – you name it.
A Few Things to Consider
- As homes become more automated, the Sense monitor must be able to keep up with the ever-changing inventory of new electrical devices.
- The Sense home energy monitor has a 30-day ramp-up period before its technology can fully identify what’s doing what.
- Some reviews mention having difficulty getting the app to connect and work properly within their home.
Reasons You Should Try It
- Sense’s newest product gives insight into users’ home energy consumption, which results in s saving more money.
- It makes homeowners keenly aware of devices that are wasting energy and ones that are performing well.
- The Sense home energy monitor can help avoid some major disasters, such as house fires. It will send an immediate alert if your stove is left on or if the fridge is leaking coolant.
By creating a monitor that tracks electric device energy consumption, Sense Labs is essentially making people accountable, in their own homes, for their carbon footprint. A lot of Sense’s users feel great about being more aware and in control of their energy usage in their homes.
- Easy Installation (Wi-Fi Connection)
- Customized Home Energy Alerts (Smart Phone App)
- Timeline of Energy Usage
- Discounted Price
- One Month “Observing” Phase (before monitor detects all devices)